Things to know before you start
- The service is completely free.
- User data provided voluntarily or unintentionally will not be disclosed to third parties by us. For more information see our privacy policies.
- We are not responsible for the information you publish on your demo-site. However, the contents will be periodically checked. If the publication of contents is not a rule of law, the demo will be immediately canceled and the author of this content will be notified to the Italian judicial authority.
- By register an account, you can create unlimited demos. The demo sites remain active forever. It will be automatically deleted by the system just in case it remain inactive for 7 days.
- It is not possible to install themes and plugins in the demo-site; however, the demo-site offer a large set of themes and plugins that you can use to extend the functionality of the site.
Create and manage the demo site
To use our WP-Sandbox you need to have an account.
To create one, follow this procedure:
- On the top menu, click Create demo and log in using your username and password. If you don’t have an account, please follow the previous step.
- Solve the simple Math and click the Create demo button.
- Your demo will be ready in some seconds. As soon as the demo is ready, you will see the following page:
- On the left sidebar of the demo dashboard, click Users.
- Click on the user created by default (example: demo6d723c05).
- Update the email and change the default password.
- You will receive an email containing the link to your demo and the credentials for accessing the administration area.
- Enjoy your demo!
To export content:
- From your demo-site dashboard click Tools > Export.
- Read the notice about the export format.
- Select the content you want to export.
- Click on the button Download Export file.
To import content:
- From your demo-site dashboard click Tools > Import.
- At the end of the page, under the word WordPress, click on install now link.
- When the process is done click on Run importer link.
- Choose a WXR (.xml) file to upload, then click Upload file and import button.
WARNING! The reset makes a fresh installation of your database. Therefore, any data in your database will be lost.
Please do not use this option if you want to keep your posts and pages in your demo-site.
- On the left sidebar of the demo dashboard, click Tools > Reset demo.
- Type “reset” in the confirmation field to confirm the reset.
- Click Reset database button.
WARNING! Deleting the site, any data will be lost.
- From your demo-site dashboard click Tools > Delete site.
- Check the box “I’m sure I want to permanently disable my site, and I am aware I can never get it back or use…”
- Confirm by clicking on the button Delete My Site Permanently.